At this difficult time, local councils have been required to alter the access to support and services for people who find themselves homeless. Please find below details on how to contact your local council should you be homeless.
- OLDHAM The office is closed. If you are homeless or threatened with homelessness please phone 0161 770 4605. Any homeless assessments will be completed over the phone by a homeless officer on the same day. Out of hours 0800 988 7061
- TAMESIDE Housing Advice on Old St are closed to appointments and triage. They are offering telephone advice. Call 0161 331 2700 (including out of hours).
- STOCKPORT The Reception is closed, please call us on 0161 217 6016 out of hours number is 0161 4742818.
- TRAFFORD If you require assistance the contact numbers are 0161 912 2230 (office hours) or 0800 218 2000 (out of hours).
- SALFORD Salford Housing Options Point building is currently closed until further notice. If you are homeless or need advice and information please call 0161 793 2020. Out of hours call 0161 794 8888.
- MANCHESTER If you believe you have nowhere to stay call 0161 234 4692 or email email@example.com. Out of hours 0161 234 5001
- BOLTON Homeless/Housing Reception is closed please telephone us on 01204335900 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The out of hours number is 01204 337777.
- BURY The office is closed if you are homeless or threatened with homelessness please contact 0161 253 5537 during working hours. The out of hours number is 0161 253 6606.
- ROCHDALE If you require general assistance please phone 0800 027 7769, or visit www.rbh.org.uk. If you are threatened with homelessness or are homeless and require emergency support, please call 0300 303 8548 Out of hours 0300 303 8875.
- WIGAN If you need assistance call: 01942 487732 or email email@example.com or via their website https://www.wigan.gov.uk/Resident/Housing/Council-homes/Find-a- home/Homelessness/index.aspx. The Out of hours number is 01942 828777.
With thanks to Homeless Friendly for compiling this info.