Change Grow Live (CGL) is a health and social care charity. There are there for those who want to change direction, grow as a person, and live life to its full potential. They run several services from housing support to offering guidance on reducing the harmful effects of drugs and alcohol and living a healthier, safer life. Their services are free and confidential. They are main open to anyone experiencing difficulties with drugs or alcohol.
CGLReading is running Covid 19 response and their message is loud and clear that they are there for their Service Users but will be carrying out as many interventions as possible by phone or video call during these times.
They have also confirmed the Reading pharmacies which are still offering the Needle Exchange Service. You can find the list below:
- Southcote Pharmacy, 36 Coronation Square, Southcote, Reading, RG30 3QN
- Caversham Pharmacy, 59a Hemdean Road, Caversham, Reading, RG4 7SS
- Erleigh Road Pharmacy, 85 Erleigh Road, Reading, RG1 5NN
- Manichem, 351-353 Oxford Road, Reading, RG30 1AY
- Lloyds Pharmacy, 195 London Road, Reading, RG1 3NX
- Newdays Pharmacy, 60 Wensley Road, Coley Park, Reading, RG1 6DJ
- Oxford Road Pharmacy, 276 Oxford Road, Reading, RG30 1AD
- Whitley Wood Pharmacy, 534 Northumberland Ave, Reading, RG2 8NY
If you are made aware of any issues with the service utilisation or provision, please contact Kate Stockdale (the Drug and Alcohol Commissioner at the council) at Kate.Stockdale@reading.gov.uk with your feedback.