Guide for community groups offering Coronavirus support services
Thank you to all the community groups and charities in Reading, who are adapting their services and providing invaluable, additional support and services during this time. It really has been inspirational to see local social action.
Your group may now be offering those who are self-isolating the following services:
- Shopping volunteers
- Collecting prescriptions
- Driving to essential medical appointments
- Telephone befriending
RVA has prepared Staying Safe whilst Volunteering: A guide for voluntary and community groups to assist established groups to deliver services safely during this time, with suggested best practice. This guide includes:
- Public health guidance on Coronavirus Covid-19
- Volunteer recruitment best practice
- How volunteers should protect themselves – NHS guidelines
- How volunteers can protect other people’s personal data including confidentiality
- How to keep others safe: Safeguarding duty
- Specific guidance for individual volunteer roles
The guide can be adapted to suit your services and then implemented in your group and shared with volunteers.
Don’t forget you can access online safeguarding resources and videos here.
RVA will continue to update the guide as and when any further government guidance is received, so do check out Coronavirus Community Action page for updates.
If you would like any further support or to discuss how you can implement this best practice in your group, do get in touch with RVA on email@example.com.