Arts and creativity can shine in the darkest of times. It can bring people together and provides opportunity for expression when other parts of life are challenging.
Join us for a week-long celebration of arts and homelessness projects in Coventry, created and co-produced by people who have current or previous lived experience of homelessness. The festival takes place at venues across the city centre between Friday 8 – Saturday 16 October, coinciding with World Homelessness Day on Sunday 10 October 2021.
Events will include:
- Send a Smile postcard exhibition by Hayley Harmen and Beth Fiducia-Brookes in partnership with Underground Lights, Crisis, the Belgrade Theatre and Arts and Homelessness International.
- Assisted Self Portraits in partnership with photographer Anthony Luvera.
- The Ruff Tuff Cream Puff Estate Agency with Cardboard Citizens and Underground Lights at The Belgrade Theatre.
- Visual Art Exhibition.
- Open Mic featuring music, poetry, spoken word.
- The St Basils Sleepout at Coventry Cathedral.
- Talks, debates and discussions with an International Exchange in Partnership with Arts and Homelessness International.
A full programme including locations, dates and times can be found on the Coventry 2021 Website.
The festival provides a platform for the brilliant work of Coventry’s homeless citizens and creative communities. Co-produced by our Arts & Homelessness Steering Committee, and working alongside the wider forum of organisations, the project aims to nurture and develop skills and provide a legacy of experience to continue this creative work beyond the life of City of Culture.