The West Midlands Combined Authority Rough Sleeping Initiative seeks to add value and complementary outcomes to the work of our Local Authority and wider partners.
To build upon the good work established in recent years, we are delighted to share details about our new regional training programme.
This exciting training offer is not open to the general public, but has been developed specifically for staff, volunteers and trustees working in the West Midlands Combined Authority region across three key service areas:
- Preventing rough sleeping
- Supporting people on the street
- Move on and recovery service
A wide range of training courses will be taking place between April 2023 – July 2023. The courses are free and held virtually.
We hold substantial waiting lists for each course and non-attendance or participants cancelling their attendance at short notice, is not only inconvenient and costly, but prevents others from utilising that space. If you need to cancel your space on the training, this should be done in writing to the Homelessness Inbox firstname.lastname@example.org at least 2 working days before the date of training in order to give us an opportunity to fill the vacant space.
For those who do not provide enough notice, a valid reason for non-attendance or simply do not attend, this will affect your ability to attend additional WMCA RSI regional training courses that you may be signed up to and any future courses that you might want to attend.
- Budget Coach Training: Wednesday 26 April 2023 – This course is for frontline workers, volunteers and managers who want to help people to learn how to budget
- Drug & Alcohol Use: An Introduction: Thursday 4 May 2023 – A course for managers and frontline staff in the homelessness and supported housing sector
- Homelessness law, practice and the Homelessness Reduction Act: Tuesday 9 May 2023. A course designed for those who need support to navigate what statutory duties their clients may be owed
- Stress and Vicarious Trauma & Managing Well-Being: Wednesday 17 May 2023 – A course for frontline workers and managers within homelessness and supported housing settings.
- Introduction to Trauma-Informed Care, PIE and Strengths-Based Practice: Tuesday 23 & Wednesday 24 May 2023. Workshops offering a practical introduction to the PIE framework, and tools to implement a trauma responsive and strengths based approach
- Self-harm and suicide risk. Improving knowledge, assessments, and safeguarding responses: Tuesday 6 June 2023. A workshop concerning self-harm and suicide risk, with methods to improve knowledge, assessments, and safeguarding responses
- Developing Your Fundraising Strategy: Thursday 15 June 2023. The course covers the key elements of developing a fundraising strategy –
- Introduction to Welfare Benefits: Tuesday 20 & Wednesday 21 June 2023. A two-day workshop covering the basic elements to welfare benefits
- Preventing Migrant Homelessness: Wednesday 28 June 2023. A workshop on how to prevent migrants from becoming homeless –
- Managing Conflict and Difficult Behaviours: Tuesday 4 July 2023 Training for staff in the homelessness sector who work in public-facing support roles, who may be exposed to conflict or need to manage difficult/hostile behaviours
Each training course is designed to be accessible for individuals working with those experiencing or at risk of rough sleeping. Information for each course can be found by clicking on the link to the associated course.
All courses will be delivered online and free of charge with further details and links provided on registration. Availability is on a first come first served basis. Where courses are fully subscribed you will be notified on Eventbrite of how to sign up to a waiting list.
If you do have any questions regarding any aspect of the training programme, please contact email@example.com